Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 490

Thread: Random: Random subject thread (NOT insanity)

  1. #381
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I still have school y'know xD.

  2. #382
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Digest from yesterday's 4chan IRC meeting

    <moot> to give you guys an idea how many traffic the site gets, and how much money that takes proportionally
    <ManOfWax> Currently, we assess that 4chan requires $7200/year to run with a new server.
    <moot> BEGGING FOR DONATIONS
    <ManOfWax> You can now donate using the address [email protected]
    <rebasloof> Even if you can only donate something like $5 a month, every little bit helps

    <ManOfWax> FUCKERS STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS IN PM RIGHT NOW
    <rebasloof> I was at the Final Fantasy concert in Chicago last weekend and heard people talking about 4chan
    <Censored_Vagina> resell university of nevada hoodies at a tidy profit
    <ixnorp> NEVADA-TAN with an image of her holding a box cutter and looking cute
    <Censored_Vagina> if someone lives in nevada, go buy a stack of them
    <rebasloof> tell them you're the Discovery Channel Store

    <Shingo\> so I'm the guy who will be heading up this new moneylaundering front
    <Shingo\> ikuzo
    <Shingo\> once we get things up and running, it's going to be a site for "japan visual culture" news and reviews.
    <Shingo\> a little bit like ars, only for anime, manga, japanese porn, etc.
    <ManOfWax> TV shows, magazines, books...
    <Shingo\> not much to say about it now, just that it'll be hosted on the 4chan servers and brought to you by some of the same creative talent (lol)
    <ManOfWax> "talent"
    <Shingo\> we'll be looking for contributors in the near future

    <ManOfWax> Right, so we are planning a panel at Otakon.
    <Relinus> those jerks put it right up against college semesters starting
    <ManOfWax> We are in the planning stages, but it will be a great chance for you to heckle the admins, act like anuses (which we know you are good at) and meet fellow 4channers in real life.
    <ManOfWax> We will have an A/V presentation.
    <ManOfWax> Juicy tidbits about internal 4chan controversy as well
    <ManOfWax> We will probably also sell some exclusive junk
    <Censored_Vagina> fat nerds lol
    <moot> so you can see that they arent as much of losers as most of you think
    <rebasloof> I saw wtsnacks dressed as sailor jupiter at acen

    <moot> thats it
    <moot> DONATE YOU FAGS AND GET THE WORD OUT

    Guess I'll rei, I mean donate to 4chan.

  3. #383
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm, i dont go there enough to care about the place. However, i think it'll easily achieve that anuual quota considering the amount of commotion and sheer fanaticism that surrounds the site. Its bordering cult status, if it isnt already.

  4. #384
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I signed up at PayPal but I found it to be really confusing and illogical, plus the server was slower than /b on furry friday night. So I asked Moot to write a /b/tard-proof step-by-step guide to rei.

    I swear, you sign up for a message board or the like and it's all simple, clear, fast, and well explained, and you need to deal with money and it gets all messy and confusing, you do something wrong and you may get screwed, or it just won't work. Moreover, banks make everything needlessly complicated and use a terminology that would make George Zimmer scared. The only simple, straight to the point online banking service I've seen is ING Direct.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 26, 2005 05:10 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  5. #385
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I donated ?5 to 4chan. I owned all the /b/tards!

  6. #386
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can also, and I'm going to donate to 4chan a few bucks.

  7. #387
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I approve this site and what it says here.

    I have one of these myself (not an IBM but a Chicony of the same quality and slightly better distribution made in Taiwan), a thousand years old. (Ok 17 years old. Older than half of you.) It simply kicks every new "kewl" multimedia keyboard with Windows Media and Excel launching crap, those feel like cheap kid toys compared to Real Keyboards from the good old times. I'm sure it'll become part of my family heirloom some day.

    If you want a "Nimbus 2000" keyboard, the Grand Piano of computer keyboards, a big, heavy, rock-solid keyboard, one that will last for life and make writing a pleasure, one that once you try it you won't ever want to use anything else, you can get one in that site I approve, or a brand-new one from the guys who did IBM's (still doing Good Stuff today) here (approved too), $79 with several different countries layouts. Of course it's worth every penny and more. No "Easy", "Multimedia", "Windows-enabled" stuff will ever be close to feel like this, not even if you renew it every year, spending far more than that price in the long term. (And if people were smart and bought Proper Keyboards they would be much cheaper.)

    Remember, if it doesn't sound like this it's not a real keyboard ^_^.


    (Note: Not intending to sell anything, I have little to gain from this, just worshipping these keyboards after bumping onto this site.)

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 04, 2005 08:47 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  8. #388
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    What's a good keyboard with a volume button thingy? I don't need any of the other multimedia stuff, but the volume button is too useful... And this wireless piece of junk needs to go.

  9. #389
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not that I know of, in fact those I linked are the only real keyboards (buckling spring, quality materials, thick steel plate, solid, heavy, ungay distribution) made today I could find. You can always bind volume to keys like F11 and F12 in games and media players, use some driver that allows for such things, or what most do, set it to 15%..25% and just use your speakers volume control.

    And yeah, wireless is teh stupid. It's not like you're gonna type while sitting in the John or 5 meters away from your monitor. It's not like you need another piece of junk on your desk, and it's not like you need to care for recharging your keyboard because if you don't you won't be able to use it. And the stupider a keyboard is (i.e. the more wireless, multimedia stuff, etc.), the higher the chances of requiring to waste memory with nonstandard drivers and having trouble installing Windows and using other OSes.

    Somebody I know wasted his money on a stupid Microsoft keyboard with Xtended Easy Multimedia Kewl Plug'n'Play Object-Oriented .NET Happy Enhanced Functions?, and I LOLed when F3 didn't work in Microsoft's own Windows 2000 installation program and he had to borrow a semi-real keyboard to install the OS.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 04, 2005 09:17 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  10. #390
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wireless keyboard wtf? That's stupid. Altho I have a wireless mouse (and always have to buy batteries into it &lt;_&lt;;; ) I see some fantasy in that. I can drag away the mouse from bro xD. Nope, but It's cool you have absolutely free movement of the mouse, I like it a lot. But a keyboard? I mean I don't move away the keyboard actually, just as Wiser said. And about Multimedia buttons, I have those as well, but I never used them so far, only when I joined Grana, and refreshed every minute to see if someone posted or not ^^;;;

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 04, 2005 09:28 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer Hyper ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •